Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowy Friends

Early last week I was shocked to look out our bathroom window (our favorite spot in the apartment to assess the goings on outside) to see a hundred or more robins in the surrounding trees. I know robins as fairly solitary birds, or at least never in groups this large, so it was a sight to see. They visited us every afternoon for the week. On Friday evening we were watching them out the window again and I warned them they ought to move out of town since Snowmeggedon was at hand. They didn't listen. On Saturday, once the snow stopped falling they came back around and visited once again and I snapped a few photos:




According to Bird Watcher's Digest, robins won't stick around in the winter if their berries and fruits are iced over, which happened to much of the local supply after the storm. I'm glad I got the pictures when I did, because that was the last we saw of them.

No comments: